Today is the big day - Day 1 of my Get Fit and Healthy Project.
Here are my starting stats:
Weight: 65.1 kg
Body Fat: 32.6% (according to more than one website this makes me obese)
Waist: 74 cm (although took this measurement after dinner so may vary with food eaten)
Thigh: 62 cm
Sunday, July 24, 2011
I seem to have done all I can on the decluttering front. That’s not to say my apartment is perfect, but I think the real problem now is that I live in an apartment designed for two people, but we are now three people.
I’ve been tossing up whether or not to make getting fit and healthy my new blog project. I feel in part that I am setting myself up for failure. Firstly, there are so many get fit / lose weight blogs that peter out. Secondly, there are so many really good blogs that will remain fair better reading (eg A Neurotic Glamour Girl's Weight Watches Experience and Fitness Adventures and Being Primal), but in the end I thought, “well, if nothing else, it might keep my honest”.
My main goal is to keep my thyroid (hence the “and healthy”). I have been on medication for about a year and my thyroid hormones have just gone back into the normal range. If I can be weaned off the medication by the end of the year and keep in the normal range then I should be set.
My secondary goal is to get down to 60 kg, because there has to be a fun pay off to all the self discipline required.
I’m basing my strategy on the guidelines on paleo diet principles from Mark's Daily Apple, here it is:
- I will base my diet on fruit and vegetables, animal protein, raw nuts
- 50 - 100g carbohydrates a day
- 44g of protein a day
- 3 treats a week, each no more than 70g carbohydrates (actually this is from Being Primal: how-to-cheat-and-still-lose-weight-part-2)
- walk to work every morning (unless I have to go in early)
- 2 “Lift Heavy Things” sessions a week (this is five exercises in the Primal Blueprint Fitness E-Book, which you get when you subscribe to Mark's Daily Apple)
- Sprint session on Sundays (also from Primal Blueprint Fitness E-Book)
- Lights out at 10:30 pm unless I'm out (I'm never out, I have a toddler)
- I will track my eating on www.myfitnesspal.com
All starting tomorrow 25 July 2011 – so I will post my starting stats then.