Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 2: A Postscript - Coincidences

While mucking about on the internet yesterday looking for stuff on free will, I also came across a Jewish website called Aish (http://www.aish.com/). It had an item called Modern Miracles about the proverb “coincidence is God's way of choosing to remain anonymous.” (http://www.aish.com/sp/so/84437142.html). I had always thought the whole coincidence thing was just hippy new age rubbish, I didn't know it actually stemmed from religion. The author made the point that "Faith however allows us to understand that in a world governed by an All-seeing God there cannot be room for blind chance."

Last night during the footy, an ad came on with kids signing "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine" and I thought, that's what Day 2 is all about - letting your light shine. As it was a coincidence that I even saw the ad (it was my husband Michael watching the footy while I was mainly surfing the internet), I concluded that this was a message from God to confirm my thoughts in my Day 2 blog.

That may sound crazy, but I subscribe to Anthony Robbins theory (refer his book Unlimited Power) that it doesn't matter whether something you believe is true or not, it just matters whether it is empowering or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment