Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 3: What drives your life?

The Day 3 chapter opens with a discussion of things that drive people in their lives, including:
  • guilt
  • resentment and anger
  • fear
  • materialism
  • the need for approval
While I could relate to the last three, I have to say it is a very short and negative list. In relation to this question I have found the six human needs theory (again by Anthony Robbins, see www.ted.com) quite compelling. According to this theory the six human needs are:
  • security
  • variety
  • significance
  • connection / love
  • growth
  • contribution
When I look at this list I can also see how my actions have been driven by these needs.

The chapter then goes through the benefits of a purpose driven life:
  • gives meaning to your life
  • simplifies and focuses your life - you can concentrate on activities that accord with your purpose
  • motivate you
  • prepares you for eternity
In relation to this lasts point, Rick Warren explains that on judgement day God will ask you two questions:

  1. What did you do with my son, Jesus Christ?
  2. What did you do with what I gave you? (This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine)
The question to consider for this chapter is what do I want my driving force to be? Well, I would like it to be something positive - to achieve my purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment