Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 10: Handing your life over to God

The Day 10 chapter is all about surrendering to God. It spends a bit of time talking about how surrender goes against the grain for most people. Somehow I didn't have a problem with it, but I did find a lot of excuses poping into my head about why it didn't apply to me.

Lets first look at what it actually means to surrender to God. It means saying yes to what God asks you and gives examples from the bible (eg Mary the mother of Jesus). But God doesn't send angels to talk to me, so I suppose again this means doing what the bible says.

Rick Warren says "You know you're surrending to God when you rely on God to work things out instead of trying to manipulate others, force your agenda, and control the situation. You let go and let God work."

When I read this I immediately thought about my issue with the body corporate manager and paying $120 for a car park remote that is soon to become obsolete (see first comment on Day 5 post). Ihave wasted a lot of time over the last few days going over strategies in my head because I don't trust the body corporate manager and believe they are going to refuse to refund my money and I'm really angry with them because of this. (I have just realised I'm angry with them because of an assumption that I have made about what they are going to do, rather than about what they have done. That's pretty stupid of me.)

Anyway, now I'm in a quandry about "letting go and letting God". I was going to give them until Tuesday afternoon to call me back with an answer about whether they are going to refund the money (I also have no faith that the body corporate manager is going to do anything without me pushing them.) Now I'm wondering whether I should call them at all? Maybe I should pray for guidance. I usually don't pray and haven't been praying for the 10 days of this journey. In my comment to the Day 5 blog I said I thought this was a test but I didn't know what God was testing me on. Maybe, it was to lead me to surrending to God and praying for guidance on things instead of torturing myself by obsessing over things (which I do in OCD proportions).

Rick Warren warns that when you decide to totally surrender your life, God will test you. I'm not sure I'm up for it, but lets see how things work out with the body corporate manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment