Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 11: God, my BFF

The Day 11 chapter is about becoming best friends with God. It includes a number of bible versus to show that God wants to be our friend, all including the word "friend". However, when I read more traditional versions of these bible versus there is no use of the word "friend". The problem I have with the word "friend" is that it implies equality and I don't think people are equal with God, so I'm going to call it building a relationship with God.

This chapter presents two ways of building a relationship with God.
  1. Hold a constant conversation with God. This has been discussed in previous chapters and here it explains that the idea is of changing your attitude to what you do every day so you do it for God and spend the whole day talking to God in your head so you are praying all the time.
  1. Meditate on bible versus. "When you think about a problem over and over in your mind, that's called worry. When you think about God's Word over and over in your mind, that's meditation". So we all have the skill of meditating.

The chapter concludes by explaining that in the first method you are talking to God, but in the second God is talking to you and in this way God reveals secrets to you. I like the sound of that.

-----------------------------------------------

On another note, going back to coincidences (see Day 2 Postscript) and my issue with the body corporate manager (see Day 10 post): I taped a few of the religious programs that channel 10 show on Sunday mornings. Today I watched one and they spoke about waiting on God. I thought that maybe this is a message from God telling me to wait for him to sort out the body corporate. Today was a public holiday, so I'm interested to see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment