Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 12: Bringing you closer to God

The Day 12 chapter continues the discussion of ways to build your relationship with God. This includes:

Being honest with God - surprisingly this includes complaining and arguing with God. Rick Warren writes "It is likely that you need to confess some hidden anger and resentment at God for certain areas of your life where you have felt cheated or disappointed." I'm not sure my anger is so hidden. Having devoted most of my life to my career, I'm angry that I still have a shitty, low-level job while other people seem to be catapulted into greatness, not to mention the multitude of people who just don't seem to care about their careers and are still doing better than me. Time will tell if God's reason for making me want something and not giving it to me becomes clear.

Rick Warren says the answer to this is to realise that God always acts in your best interests and to tell God how you feel. "Expressing doubt is sometimes the first step toward the next level of intimacy with God."

Obeying God in faith - God is pleased when we do things, no matter how small, out of loving obedience.

Value what God values - just as friends care about the things their friends care about

Desire friendship with God more than everything else - you are as close to God as you choose to be. I think this is another thing that needs to be developed over time. Rick Warren writes that God sends you problems to draw you closer to him, but I query this because with a friend like that who needs enemies.

I prefer to think of the problems as a way of teaching us or developing our character. I'm not sure how to reconcile this with why I don't have an extraordinary life, except maybe that I haven't followed God, so why should I expect any gifts from him. Thinking of things from this perspective now, I actually think God has been very good to me. There you go, things have become clear now.

-------------------------------
Re the body corp issue - have not heard from them today, not sure whether I should call them tomorrow or continue to "let go and let God".

1 comment:

  1. Hi Isabella!

    In keeping with the path you are on, my thoughts are that you should just leave the Body Corporate to God, and use your energies where they are needed more.

    Love

    Ken x

    ReplyDelete